The AOL mail is a standard web-based email client, same as Gmail, Yahoo, and Outlook, to name a few. The features are the same as any other email application. The AOL mail comes with spam protection, mail protection, spell check, and, most importantly, POP, SMTP, and IMAP protocols.
So coming to the topic, let us discuss the Blerk error 1 in AOL mail in brief. Imagine a scenario where you are trying to access AOL mail, and then you are unable to log in. Now is when you get an internal server error prompt. The Blerk error is common among all internet browsers. The steps to fix the Blerk error may vary from browser to browser. We shall see the steps to resolve the Blerk error on some commonly used browsers.
Some reasons why the Blerk error appears when you try to access AOL mail are:
- Step 1: Using the outdated version of the browser
- Step 2: Browsing history caches and cookies
- Step 3: Compatibility problems
Please follow the steps to configure browser settings and remove the Blerk error on different browsers:
- Step 1: Open the Google Chrome browser.
- Step 2: Click on the three-dotted option at the top right corner of the browser, near the address bar.
- Step 3: Click the Settings option from the list.
- Step 4: The settings page will now open. On the left, locate and click the Privacy and Security tab.
- Step 5: From the Privacy & Security section, select Clear Browsing history.
- Step 6: In the pop-up window, click the checkbox for Browsing history, Cookies and other site data, Cached images and files.
- Step 7: Once the selection is made, click the Clear Data button.
If you are using Internet Explorer, perform the following steps:
- Step 1: Click the Tool option on the right side of the Internet Explorer window.
- Step 2: Choose the General tab from the Tools window.
- Step 3: Locate the Browsing History section from the General tab and click the Delete button.
- Step 4: A dialog box will appear, click Cookies and Temporary internet files option from the list and click Delete.
- Step 5: Click the Security tab and click the Internet option.
- Step 6: Click the checkbox beside enable protected mode.
- Step 7: Select Apply and click OK to close the window.
- Step 8: Close the Internet Explorer browser and open it again.
- Step 9: You can add AOL to trusted sites. Click Tools option and select Internet options from the list.
- Step 10: Click on the Security tab and click the trusted sites zone button, click Sites option.
- Step 11: Enter https://*.aol.com in the given field to add the URL in the trusted site zone.
- Step 12: Click Add and then click OK.
- Step 13: Restart the Internet Explorer.
- Step 1: Open the Mozilla Firefox browser and click the three-dotted icon on the right side of the browser.
- Step 2: Click the Help option from the menu displayed.
- Step 3: When the help menu opens, click on the add-ons checkbox option to disable.
- Step 4: A pop-up window will now open; click the option Start in safe mode.
- Step 5: Restart the browser to see if the Blerk error 1 in AOL MAIL persists.
- Step 1: Open Google Chrome and enter the AOL URL in the address bar.
- Step 2: Click the star icon seen next to the address bar, and the AOL URL will be saved in your bookmarks folder.
- Step 1: Open the Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Step 2: Enter the AOL URL in the address bar.
- Step 3: Click the star icon seen next to the address bar, and the AOL URL will be saved in your bookmarks folder.
- Step 1: If you are using a Mac computer and want to bookmark the AOL website, follow the steps given below.
- Step 2: Open the Safari browser.
- Step 3: Open the AOL mail by entering the URL in the address bar and press the Return button.
- Step 4: The AOL login page will now open. Click the share button (arrow pointing upwards from a box) and select the option Add Bookmark.
- Step 5: The Add Bookmark window will now open. You can give a description of the bookmark and add a description.
- Step 6: Add the bookmark to the Favorites folder and click Add.
- Step 7: The AOL URL will now be saved in the bookmarks folder in the Safari browser.
The solutions given above are applicable for Blerk error 1 in AOL mail other AOL errors like ERR 1108, ERR 1109, ERR 1110, ERR 1112, ERR 1113, ERR 1114, ERR 1115.