Follow the guidelines to fix eM client not sending emails issue.
eM Client is best made for operating systems like Windows and Mac. It is mainly used for sending and receiving emails, managing calendars, and contacts like any other email client application. It is primarily considered to be an alternative for different email clients. eM Client is one of the popular email clients that are commonly being used by the users. Despite the vast offers given by eM Client, there are several reports that eM Client is not able to send mails. The eM Client is prone to many errors. Some common mistakes are:
- Step 1: eM Client Outbox not sending
- Step 2: eM Client IMAP connection failed
- Step 3: eM Client Synchronizing folder error
- Step 4: and the main problem is eM Client is not sending emails.
Here are some possible methods to find out how you can resolve the email error.
Method 1 : Check your email configuration
- Step 1: eM Client might not be sending emails because the email configuration might be incorrect.
- Step 2: The issue commonly occurs with Gmail accounts.
- Step 3: To fix the issue, you can try changing the port number in the SMTP server to 465 with the Secure Shell encryption SSL.
- Step 4: If the 465 port does not work, you can shift to 25 or 587.
- Step 5: Once these changes are made, you can check to see if the problem has been resolved.
Method 2 : Check your anti-virus
- Step 1: The anti-virus is a crucial part of any windows or Mac operating system.
- Step 2: There are times when the anti-virus can interfere with the eM Client and cause the problem of not sending emails.
- Step 3: Make sure the eM Client is not blocked in your corresponding anti-virus application.
- Step 4: If the anti-virus application isn’t blocking your eM Client, you can try disabling certain features in your anti-virus to see if that helps.
- Step 5: If neither of the options work, you can temporarily disable the anti-virus application in your system to have a free flow control of the eM Client.
- Step 6: If the solution is a success, you can opt for a different anti-virus application
- Step 7: Since most of the anti-virus applications do not interfere with the email clients and their functions, you can consider switching to a different anti-virus application.
Method 3 : Enable Use SSL/TLS if available option
- Step 1: If the eM Client is not sending emails, it means the configuration done on the eM Client is not proper.
- Step 2: Entering the correct port is the only solution to resolve the error.
- Step 3: You can refer to the email configuration topic given above and enter the proper port numbers for the SMTP server.
- Step 4: Try changing the port number until you can send a mail through the eM Client.
Method 4 : Change NOD32 settings
- Step 1: The other solution to the eM client not sending emails error could be the NOD32 and IMAP settings.
- Step 2: The NOD32 settings might be interfering with the email client. So, in order to resolve the error, follow the steps given below:
- Step 3: Go to the Advanced setup menu and click the option Web and Email.
- Step 4: Chose the option Email Client protection and clicked the option IMAP or IMAPS.
- Step 5: Click the checkbox that reads Enable IMAP checking.
- Step 6: Click to save your changes after disabling the option and check if the problem has been resolved.
- Step 7: If the problem continues to exist, proceed to the next step.
Method 5: Reinstall eM Client
- Step 1: Reinstalling the eM Client is the most straightforward troubleshooting step.
- Step 2: If you cannot send mails, it indicates that the installation is corrupted.
- Step 3: The best way to perform this step is to use the uninstaller so, and the uninstaller software will be stored in the program files of the computer in C:\
- Step 4: Locate the eM Client application and click on the uninstall file.
- Step 5: The uninstaller will prompt for a confirmation, click OK. The eM Client application will be uninstalled.
- Step 6: You can you the setup file in the same folder to reinstall the eM Client back to your computer system.
Method 6: Perform a Clean boot
- Step 1: There are some scenarios where third-party applications come into play and might cause disruption in the functioning of a few applications on your computer.
- Step 2: Press the Window key + R to open the run command, enter MSConfig in the search bar, and hit the enter button.
- Step 3: The system configuration window will now open on the screen; click the services tab.
- Step 4: In the services tab, click the Disable All button and make sure to click the checkbox Hide all Microsoft services, click the OK button.
- Step 5: Go to the startup tab and open the Task Manager.
- Step 6: When the task manager opens, perform a right-click in the first entry of the list and click the Disable option.
- Step 7: Click on Apply and OK in the System Configuration window to save changes.
- Step 8: Restart your PC, and once the PCC turns on, check to see if the problem has been resolved. If you need a remote assistance to resolve eM client not sending emails issue, click the call button available on the screen.