Your Apple ID is your iCloud account email address that you can use on iOS devices and Mac computers for accessing various Apple-provided services. If you are getting an error connecting to Apple Id server, follow the troubleshooting steps given on our site. It is a common problem that occurs when the verification has failed. Many iOS 9 users have reported that they are experiencing this error after the update.
Method 1: Logging Out From iTunes & App Store
- Step 1: On your iPhone, navigate to Settings by touching the Settings icon.
- Step 2: Open the iTunes & App Stores window by touching your Apple ID at the top of the page.
- Step 3: In the iTunes & App Stores window, tap Sign Out to log out from your Apple account.
- Step 4: After a few minutes, sign in back to your account and check if the problem has been resolved.
Method 2: Checking The Wi-Fi Connection
- Step 1: First, launch the Settings app and tap on Wi-Fi.
- Step 2: Tap the Info button next to your wireless network name (SSID) and select the Forget This Network option.
- Step 3: If prompted, select the Forget option again.
- Step 4: Next, turn the Wi-Fi button off and wait for a few seconds to fix the error connecting to Apple Id server issue.
- Step 5: Turn the Wi-Fi button on and enter the Wi-Fi password in the required field.
- Step 6: If necessary, restart your Wi-Fi router and iPhone to connect to the wireless network.
Method 3: Resetting Network Settings On Your iPhone
- Step 1: Open the Settings app first.
- Step 2: Next, tap on General and scroll down the page to the Reset section.
- Step 3: Select the Reset Network Settings option and enter your password in the required field to confirm your action.
- Step 4: If prompted, tap on Reset Network Settings again.
- Step 5: This will fix the Apple ID server connection problem.
Method 4: Updating Time & Date
- Step 1: Navigate to Settings and tap on General.
- Step 2: Select the Date & Time option from the displayed menu and toggle on the Set Automatically button.
- Step 3: Verify whether it shows the correct time zone.
- Step 4: Sign in to your Apple ID and check if the problem has been resolved.
- Step 5: If the error connecting to Apple Id server issue persists, change your Apple ID password or generate a verification code to fix it.