Frontier Email Account On Windows Live Mail:
- Step 1:First, launch Windows Live Mail on your computer. Next, choose the Add Email Account option using Frontier email settings.
- Step 2:In the Email address field, type your Frontier, FrontierNet, GVNI, Newnorth, or Epix email address.
- Step 3:In the Password field, type your password.
- Step 4:In the Display field, type your real name.
- Step 5:Click on the Next button.
- Step 6:At the top of the current window, you will be able to see the message, ‘My Incoming mail server is a POP3 server.’
- Step 7:You now have to enter the following details:
- The Incoming server will be pop3.frontier.com
- The Outgoing server will be smtp.frontier.com
- For the Login ID, you have to enter your complete Frontier, FrontierNet, GVNI, Newnorth, or Epix email address.
- Step 1:Select the checkmark next to the My server requires authentication option.
- Step 2:Click on the Next button. Then, click on the Finish button.
- Step 3:For enabling the SSL encryption, please carry out the instructions given below.
- Step 4:Click the email Account option.
- Step 5:Select the Properties option and then click the Servers tab.
- Step 6:Now, confirm that you have entered pop3.frontier.com for your Incoming server and smtp.frontier.com for your Outgoing server fields.
- Step 7:Next, click the Advanced tab.
- Step 8:For the Outgoing Mail Server, enter 465. This will be the Port number. Now, select the checkbox next to This server requires a secure connection (SSL).
- Step 9:For the Incoming Mail Server, enter 995. This will be the Port number. Now, select the checkbox next to This server requires a secure connection (SSL).
- Step 10:Finally, click the OK button.
We have now seen how to set up your Frontier email account on Windows Live Mail using Frontier email settings.
Frontier Email Account On Macintosh Mail:
The following instructions might slightly differ depending on the version of Mac Mail that you are using:
- Step 1:First, launch Mac Mail on your computer. Next, go to Mail->Preferences->Add Account.
- Step 2:In case you cannot find the Add Account option, you can click the Accounts option and then click the Plus (+) sign. You will find this sign at the lower-left section of the window where you will be adding your account.
- Step 3:For the Account Type, choose POP. Type in a description, your email address and your display name.
- Step 4:For the Incoming Mail Server , type in pop3.frontier.com
- Step 5:For the Outgoing Mail Server , type in smtp.frontier.com
- Step 6:From the Authentication drop-down menu, choose Password. Otherwise, you can select Use Authentication , according to your version.
- Step 7:Now, enter your complete email address for the username and then your password.
- Step 8:According to the respective version, click the OK or the Done button.
- Step 9:Now, you can close the current window. You can do it by clicking the Save or OK or Yes button based on the version.
The newer versions of Mac Mail will automatically start testing for SSL. If it is available, it will be created automatically. But in case you have already created an email account in Mac Mail, and you wish to change the SSL, you can using the Frontier email settings given below:
Change The SSL Settings
- Step 1:Go to Mail->Preferences->Account.
- Step 2:Beside the Outgoing Mail Server, you will see a drop-down menu. Click on it. Select the Edit SMTP Server List option and then choose Advanced.
- Step 3:Now, select the checkbox next to the Use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) option. Click the OK button.
- Step 4:Click the Advanced tab. Select the checkbox next to the Use SSL option.
- Step 5:Make sure to set the IMAP port number to 995 and the SMTP port number to 465.
We have now seen how to set up your Frontier email account on Macintosh Mail using Frontier email settings.