GMX Mail is a free email service. You can configure your GMX email account on any email client. If you are getting the GMX Authentication Failed message, try these troubleshooting steps.
Case 1: Configuring Your GMX Mail In Outlook
- Step 1: In the Outlook email client, enter the correct email address and password in the required fields.
- Step 2: Select IMAP as your account type and enter the correct server settings in the Incoming mail server field.
- Step 3: If you have not yet activated POP3/IMAP sync in your GMX settings, log in to your GMX Mail account from a browser.
- Step 4: Click the Email tab and select Settings.
- Step 5: Under Settings, click the POP3 & IMAP tab.
- Step 6: Select the Enable access to this account via POP3 and IMAP checkbox.
- Step 7: Click Save to activate POP3/IMAP sync.
- Step 8: This will fix the authentication problem.
- Step 9: Now, return to the Outlook window and continue configuring your GMX account settings.
- Step 10: Make sure to select the My server requires authentication checkbox while configuring advanced outgoing server settings.
Case 2: If You Fail To Log In To Your GMX Account
- Step 1: When you get the Authentication Failed message while logging in to your GMX account, click on the Can’t access your account? link on the GMX sign-in page.
- Step 2: You will be directed to the GMX Help Center page.
- Step 3: Click on the I cannot log in to my account link and choose the reason for the account sign-in problem from the displayed options.
- Step 4: Go to the Reset your password section and click on the link beside Reset the password by visiting this page.
- Step 5: Enter your GMX email address in the required field and type in the given verification code in the Enter code field.
- Step 6: Click Continue and carry out the on-screen instructions to reset your account password to fix the GMX Authentication failed issue.