Whenever you come across the GMX mail not sending issue, do the following before proceeding to the troubleshooting steps.
- Step 1: Restart the session and try sending the email. This may resolve the issue.
- Step 2: The error may occur due to a fault in the server. Send the email using an alternative server and check if the problem is resolved.
- Step 3: Recheck with the email address entered in the field and also check the email settings.
If nothing works, then carry on with the following steps to resolve the GMX mail is not sending emails issue.
Synchronize GMX Mailbox With Outlook 2016
- Step 1: Open your GMX mail account from a web browser, navigate to the Email option and select Settings > POP3 & IMAP.
- Step 2: Now, choose the Send and receive emails via an external program (Outlook, Thunderbird) check box.
- Step 3: Click on Apply and save the changes you have made.
- Step 4: Now, open Outlook 2016. Go to the File menu, select Info > Add Account to set up a new account.
- Step 5: Enter an email account in the Outlook wizard.
- Step 6: Select Advanced options and make sure to tick the ‘Let me set up my account manually’ check box.
- Step 7: Choose the account type as IMAP and enter the following under the IMAP Account Settings dialog box:
- Step 8: Incoming mail:
- Step 9: Server: imap.gmx.com
- Step 10: Port: 993
- Step 11: The encrypted connection: (SSL/TLS)
- Step 12: Outgoing mail:
- Step 13: Server: mail.gmx.com
- Step 14: Port: 587
- Step 15: The encryption method: STARTTLS
- Step 16: Click on the Connect button on the IMAP Account Settings dialog box.
- Step 17: In the login dialog box, enter your email address and the password.
- Step 18: Click OK and sync your GMX account with the Outlook2016.
- Step 19: Now, try sending the email from your GMX mail account.
Synchronize GMX Mailbox With Windows Mail
- Step 1: Select Settings on the bottom right corner and click Accounts.
- Step 2: Choose Add an account > Other accounts.
- Step 3: Select IMAP, enter your email address and the password and click on the Show More Details option.
- Step 4: Enter the following manually:
- Step 5: Incoming (IMAP) server: imap.gmx.com
- Step 6: Port (Incoming server): 993
- Step 7: The Incoming server requires SSL: Yes (check box)
- Step 8: Outgoing (SMTP) server: mail.gmx.com
- Step 9: Port (outgoing server): 587
- Step 10: Outgoing Server requires SSL: No (uncheck)
- Step 11: Click the Connect button. This will sync your GMX account with Windows Mail.
- Step 12: Now try sending the email.
Click on the Call button if you need remote assistance to resolve GMX mail not sending issues.