Follow the below guidelines on how to backup Microsoft Outlook files
- Step 1: The address book files use the *.pab extension.
- Step 2: The mail files use the *.pst extension.
- Step 3: The rules wizard files use the *.rwz extension.
Steps to back up Microsoft Outlook address book:
- Step 1: First, you have to locate the file. To do so, make use of the Windows Search tool. Using this tool, locate your file from the Start menu or on the taskbar seen beside Start.
- Step 2: In your Search text box, type in *.pab. Make sure that the Search tool is pointing at the main drive of your computer. It will be the C: drive usually.
- Step 3: Now, click the Search option.
- Step 4: If the Microsoft Outlook address book is available on your computer, the Search option will find it.
- Step 5: After you find the file, copy it to a USB flash drive or some other backup media.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The instructions for backing up MS Outlook mail files and rules wizard files will be similar to those explained above. The file extensions will vary. However, the entire procedure is described here:
Follow the Steps on how to backup Microsoft Outlook rules wizard files:
- Step 1: In order to locate the file on your computer, utilize the Windows Search tool. Find the file from the Start menu or on the taskbar seen beside Start.
- Step 2: In your Search text box, type in *.rwz. Make sure that the Search tool is pointing at the main drive of your computer.
- Step 3: Click Search.
- Step 4: The search will be locating the MS Outlook rules wizard file, if available on your computer. Usually, the located file will be called rules.rwz or some other similar name.
- Step 5: Copy the file to a USB flash drive or some other backup media.
Steps to back up Microsoft Outlook signatures
Every MS Outlook signature will be backed up as signature.rtf, signature.txt, and signature.htm. Here, “signature” will be the actual name of your signature.
- Step 1: First, use the Windows Search tool to locate your signature file.
- Step 2: In your Search text box, type in signature*.*
- Step 3: In the above instruction, instead of the term “signature,” type in the real name of one of your signatures.
- Step 4: Mostly, the signature files are saved in the following directory: C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\Microsoft\Signatures
- Step 5: After you have located the signatures, choose the ones that you wish to back up. Then, copy them to your backup destination. If you need a remote assistance on how to backup Microsoft Outlook files, click the call button available on the screen.