Your Apple ID can be your mobile number or email address, but, if it becomes inaccessible, then it is better to change the Apple ID. This helps to maintain your Apple account protected. Consider following the below procedure on how to change Apple ID on iPhone:
- Step 1: Before you change the Apple ID, make sure to log out of all the online and offline services that are associated with your Apple ID.
- Step 2: Visit the Apple ID login website on the computer’s web browser.
- Step 3: Enter your Apple ID and sign in to the Apple account.
- Step 4: Now, the Accounts page appears on the browser. Click the Edit button in the Account section.
- Step 5: The Change Apple ID link appears just below the Apple ID, now. Click on the link to proceed.
- Step 6: When the page prompts to enter a new email address to use as your Apple ID, type the email address and click Continue. Click here to learn more about how to change apple ID Email
Apple email address is Apple ID:
- Step 1: Suppose your Apple ID is a Mac or iCloud or Me email address; the other alias Apple address suggestions appear on the window. Select the desired address and continue with the process.
- Step 2: In case you have used iCloud or Mac email address and want to change the Apple ID to a third-party email address (Gmail, Outlook, Yahoo), it is not possible.
- Step 3: When there is no additional Apple email address for you, then you cannot change the Apple ID.
- Step 4: However, you can create a new iCloud email account and use it as the new Apple ID.
Non-Apple email address is Apple ID:
- Step 1: You can change the third-party email address to another third-party email address for Apple ID.
- Step 2: Also, the non-Apple email address can be changed to an Apple email address by using the below steps:
- 1: In the Apple ID website, after logging in to the Apple account, click the Edit button under the Account section.
- 2: Find Reachable At and click on it. Now, the alias Apple ID shows up in the Account section.
- 3: When you move the cursor to the question mark symbol beside the Apple ID, the “This is an alias of your Apple ID email address” Apple message pops up. With this, you can confirm it is an alias Apple ID.
- 4: You can select any of the alias Apple ID; otherwise, click Add More and enter your new Apple email address.
- Step 3: When you are using a non-Apple email address to create your Apple ID, verify the Apple account.
- Step 4: Once you type the email address in the Account section and continue, a verification code will be sent to your email account.
- Step 5: Enter the code in the correct field under the Account section to complete the verification.
- Step 6: Now, you can use the new Apple ID to sign in to the other Apple services. If still you have a query on how to change Apple ID on iPhone, click the call button for remote assistance.