Proceed with the instructions given below on how to change the language settings in Gmail
If you wish, you can change or replace the default language in Gmail. The total number of languages supported in Gmail is 71. English is set as the default language. You can change the default language or set your language in Gmail in many different ways.
Before you change the language settings in Gmail, check if your language is supported by Gmail.
If so, begin the language re-configuration process by following the instructions given below.
For the Android device users:
- Step 1: Power on your Android device.
- Step 2: Locate and tap the Settings icon.
- Step 3: Now, the Settings wizard will open.
- Step 4: Swipe down or up the Settings screen.
- Step 5: Choose the General Management option.
- Step 6: Tap the Language & input option, followed by Language.
- Step 7: Select and drag your language to the top of the preferences list.
- Step 8: Tap the Save button after selecting the language.
For the iPhone & iPod device users:
- Step 1: If you change your iPhone or iPod device’s language, it will be automatically reflected in all the applications installed on your device.
- Step 2: Launch the Settings application on your iOS phone.
- Step 3: Tap the General option followed by Language & Region.
- Step 4: Locate and select the iPhone & iPod Language option.
- Step 5: Now, a list of languages supported by your iPhone or iPod device will be displayed on the screen.
- Step 6: Choose your language from the list of preferences.
- Step 7: Tap the Done button.
On your desktop or laptop computer:
- Step 1: Navigate to the Gmail sign-in page.
- Step 2: Enter your Gmail account credentials in the respective fields.
- Step 3: Click the Sign-in or Log in button.
- Step 4: On your Gmail account’s main interface page, click the Gear icon, followed by the Settings option.
- Step 5: Navigate to the Language section.
- Step 6: From the list of languages displayed on the screen, select the one you wish to use.
- Step 7: After making the selection, click the Save Changes button available at the bottom of the screen.
Use a regional language to type without changing the Gmail language settings:
- Step 1: By not changing the default language in Gmail, you can type in another language using the input tools and special keyboards.
- Step 2: The input tools were launched by Google. This tool supports 75 languages. The input tools contain three different input options.
- Step 3: They are transliteration, IMEs, and virtual keyboard.
- Step 4: To enable the Input Tools option on your Gmail account, read and proceed with the guidelines given below.
- Step 5: Sign in to your Gmail account.
- Step 6: Go to the Settings section.
- Step 7: Click the General tab.
- Step 8: Locate and click the Show all language options option available beside the Language tab.
- Step 9: Now, select the Enable Input tools – Use IMEs, transliteration, or virtual keyboards to type in the language of your choice option by clicking the checkbox beside it.
- Step 10: Select the language from the list displayed on the screen.
- Step 11: Click the OK button, followed by Save Changes.
- Step 12: Now, refresh the web page.
- Step 13: After your Gmail account’s main interface page refreshes, you can find the keyboard icon beside the Gear option.
Change the direction format of the text you type:
- Step 1: You can also change the direction format of your text in Gmail if required.
- Step 2: To know-how, go through the simple steps given below.
- Step 3: On your Gmail account’s main interface page, click the Gear icon, followed by the Settings option.
- Step 4: Go to the Language section.
- Step 5: Click the Right-to-left editing support on option.
- Step 6: Finally, click the Save Changes button.
- Step 7: If you still have any further query on how to change the language settings in Gmail, click the Call Us button available on the screen