Here are the quick set of instructions to connect your Gmail account to Windows Live Mail. If you use Windows Live Mail for checking and managing your email messages, then its quite easy to use it to check your Gmail account as well. To know how to connect Gmail to Windows Live Mail, follow the below steps.
Connect Gmail To My Windows Live Mail
- Step 1: Log-In to the Gmail account page using a browser.
- Step 2: Tap on the “Gear” icon. Choose the “Settings” option.
- Step 3: Select “Forwarding and POP/IMAP” on the Settings screen. Drag down the cursor to the IMAP Access section. Then choose “Enable IMAP.”
- Step 4: Choose “Save Changes.”
Set Up Gmail In Windows Live Mail
- Step 1: The “Add an E-mail Account” dialog box automatically opens while you open the Windows Live Mail email client. If an email account is already set up the above dialog box will not appear. Choose “Add an email account” in Windows Live Mail’s “Accounts” ribbon.
- Step 2: Enter the email address in the “Email Address” field. Enter the Gmail Password in the required field. Input the “Display Name” field.
- Step 3: Choose the “Next” button. Now, the Gmail Account will be successfully set up. The “Configure Server Settings” window appears once Windows Live Mail is connected to Gmail.
- Step 4: The Windows Live Mail will prompt you to enter the server information.
IMAP (Incoming Mail Server):
- Step 1: imap.gmail.com
- Step 2: Port: 993
- Step 3: Requires SSL: Yes
SMTP (Outgoing Mail Server):
- Step 1: smtp.gmail.com
- Step 2: Port: 465 or 587
- Step 3: Needs a secure connection (SSL): Yes
- Step 4: Requires Authentication: Yes
- Step 5: Authenticate using: Clear text
- Step 6: Logon User Name: Enter the complete Gmail address.
- Step 7: Click on the “Next” button. The Gmail account setup is complete.
- Step 8: If the “Windows Live Mail” successfully connects to Gmail, a window with a message “Your email account was added” appears on the screen.
- Step 9: Gmail folders will appear in the left pane immediately after the Gmail account information is downloaded to Windows Live Mail. Start using Gmail as a regular IMAP account in Windows Live Mail. To know more information about how to connect Gmail to Windows Live Mail, contact our technical experts.