The easy guidelines to know how to import contacts to Gmail account are provided on this web page.
You can import all the contacts to your Gmail account on an Android mobile phone using any one of the following procedures.
Procedure 1 - SIM card
- Step 1: If you have saved all the contacts on a SIM card, insert it on the Android mobile.
- Step 2: Go to the Android mobile phone, search for the Contacts application from the Apps list, and tap it.
- Step 3: After that, tap the Menu icon at the upper-left corner of the screen, select the Settings option followed by the Import option.
- Step 4: Once you tap the SIM card option, select the Gmail account from the displayed Accounts list.
- Step 5: If your Gmail account is not listed, then go to the Advanced options section and select the User defined Import/Export option to import the contacts to Gmail.
- Step 6: This will import all the saved contacts from the SIM card to the Gmail account.
Procedure 2 - How To Import Contacts To Gmail Using VCF file?
- Step 1: VCF (Virtual Contact File) is used to store contact information that includes a name, address, phone number, and email address.
- Step 2: If you save all the contacts as a VCF file refer to the steps here.
- Step 3: Launch the Contacts application by tapping its icon on the Android mobile phone.
- Step 4: Go to the Menu icon that is at the upper-left corner and tap the Settings option.
- Step 5: Select the Import option followed by the .vcf file option.
- Step 6: Now, you will see all the accounts added to your Android mobile phone.
- Step 7: Choose the Gmail account and select the VCF file when prompted.
- Step 8: The contacts saved on the VCF file will be imported to the selected Gmail account.
- Step 1: Make sure to save your contacts as a CSV file.
- Step 2: Launch the default web browser on your computer and visit the Google Contacts web page.
- Step 3: If prompted, sign in to the Gmail account using the correct credentials such as email address and password.
- Step 4: Click the More icon and select the Import option.
- Step 5: The Import Contacts dialog box will appear on the screen.
- Step 6: Click the Select File button, choose the CSV file, and click the Open option.
- Step 7: Select the Import option in the Import Contacts dialog box.
- Step 8: This will import the contacts saved in the CSV file to the Gmail account. If you have any further queries to know how to import contacts to gmail, contact our technical experts.