Microsoft Outlook is one of the most used desktop email clients today. It has many features to manage all your email accounts under a single platform. If you wish to know how to link AOL to Outlook 2016, go through the steps given on this page.
Automatic account setup:
This section will guide you through the automatic account setup. All you need to do is have your AOL email account details handy.
- Step 1: Start by launching Microsoft Outlook 2016 on your computer.
- Step 2: In the Outlook main window, head to the top-left corner and click the File tab.
- Step 3: Select the Info option from the left-side panel and click the Add Account button.
- Step 4: On the Auto Account Setup screen, select the Email Account option.
- Step 5: Type in a name for your AOL email account in the Your Name field.
- Step 6: Input your AOL account email address in the Email Address field.
- Step 7: Type the password of your AOL email account in the Password field.
- Step 8: Confirm your password in the Retype Password field and click Next.
Now, Outlook will automatically configure your email account. Henceforth, you can access your AOL email account quickly from your Outlook app.
This section tells you how to link AOL to Outlook 2016 manually using the server settings given below.
- Step 1: Incoming mail server (POP3): pop.aol.com
- Step 2: Server port number: 995
- Step 3: Incoming mail server (IMAP): imap.aol.com
- Step 4: Server port number: 993
- Step 5: Outgoing mail server (SMTP): smtp.aol.com
- Step 6: Server port number: 465
- Step 7: To begin with, launch the Outlook app and click the File tab.
- Step 8: Select the Info option and click on Add Account.
- Step 9: In the Add Account window, select the Manual setup or additional server types option and click Next.
- Step 10: On the Choose Your Account Type screen, select the POP or IMAP option and click Next.
- Step 11: You should fill the required fields in the User Information, Server Information, and Logon Information sections on the POP and IMAP Account Settings screen.
- Step 12: Under the User Information section, give a name for your AOL email account in the Your Name field.
- Step 13: Enter your AOL account email address in the Email Address field.
- Step 14: Under Server Information, choose either POP or IMAP from the Account Type drop-down menu.
- Step 15: Enter the incoming mail server name and outgoing mail server name in the required fields.
- Step 16: In the Logon Information section, input your AOL account email address and password.
- Step 17: Click on More Settings and then go to the Outgoing Server tab.
- Step 18: Select the My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication checkbox and then enable the Use same settings as my incoming mail server radio button.
- Step 19: Go to the Advanced tab and select SSL from both the Use the following type of encrypted connection drop-down menus.
- Step 20: Enter the server port numbers in the required fields and click OK to close the Internet Email Settings window.
- Step 21: To verify if your account settings are correct, click the Test Account Settings button.
- Step 22: Once the verification is complete, click Next and select Finish.
You have now seen how to link AOL to Outlook. In case you are stuck while adding your account to Outlook, contact us for assistance.