To scan a document to email that is not saved on your computer as easy. To do so, carry out the general method provided below.
- Step 1: The scanning procedure depends on the printer you use.
- Step 2: First, place the document on the scanner area of the printer.
- Step 3: Set necessary scan settings as per your requirement.
- Step 4: Once you press the Scan button, the printer begins to scan the document and sends the scanned document to the default email client as an attachment.
- Step 5: Fill the recipient’s email address in the To field, compose a body of the email, and send the email to the recipient by clicking the Send button.
Scan To Email On The HP Printer:
- Step 1: You have to configure the Scan to Email feature before proceeding with the following steps.
- Step 2: On the home screen of the HP printer, select Scan -> Scan to Email -> Send an Email.
- Step 3: Provide the correct email address in the From and To fields, add a subject line, and select the Next option.
- Step 4: Once you see the scan settings on the LCD panel of the HP printer, change them as per your requirement.
- Step 5: Begin the scanning operation on the HP printer by selecting the Scan option.
Scan To Email On The Brother Printer:
- Step 1: You can use the ControlCenter4 software to send a scanned email to the default email client.
- Step 2: Download and install the ControlCenter4 software on your computer.
- Step 1: After opening the main interface of the ControlCenter4 software on the computer, click the Scan tab.
- Step 2: Go to the Document Type section and select the radio button next to any one of the following options.
- Step 3: Photo
- Step 4: Text and Graph
- Step 5: Monochrome Text
- Step 6: Custom
- Step 7: Choose the Auto option from the Scan Size drop-down menu.
- Step 8: After clicking the Scan button, the scanned document will be displayed in Image Viewer.
- Step 9: Select the Send Email option on the right panel.
- Step 10: When the Send Email dialog box opens, choose your preferred file type from the File Type drop-down menu and click the OK button.
- Step 11: In Account Settings, ensure that the IMAP account is highlighted. Click the Change button.
- Step 12: Now, update your password.
- Step 13: Confirm that the same password will be used for Outgoing Authentication.
- Step 14: Check if the Outgoing Server checkbox is selected.
- Step 15: Also, make sure that the Use same Settings checkbox is selected.
- Step 16: Click the OK button.
- Step 17: In the next window that appears, click the Next button.
- Step 18: Finally, click Finish. If you need a remote assistance to scan a document to email, Click the call button available on the screen.