If you are annoyed over accessing your email account using a web browser each time, you can configure it in your email client application. Windows Live Mail is a freeware email client. You can manage multiple email accounts like Gmail, Yahoo, etc., in this email client. To know how to setup Windows Live Mail on your computer to access your email account, refer to the following simple steps.
- Step 2: Navigate to the Accounts tab at the top.
- Step 3: Select the Email option to open the Add your email accounts dialog window.
- Step 4: In the Email Address field, type your email address.
- Step 5: Enter the password of your email account in the Password field.
- Step 6: If you want to save your email account password, select the Remember this password checkbox.
- Step 7: Type your name in the Display name for your sent messages field.
- Step 8: Select the Manually configure server settings checkbox.
- Step 9: Click the Next option to proceed further.
Incoming Server Information
- Step 1: Navigate to the Server Type drop-down menu. Choose POP, IMAP, or Windows Live Hotmail.
- Step 2: Type your incoming server name in the Server Address field.
- Step 3: Enter your incoming port in the Port field.
- Step 4: If necessary, select the Requires a secure connection (SSL) checkbox.
- Step 5: Choose the Clear text option from the Authenticate using drop-down menu.
- Step 6: Type your email address in the Logon User Name field.
Outgoing Server Information
- Step 1: Enter your outgoing (SMTP) server name in the Server Address field.
- Step 2: Provide your outgoing port in the Port field.
- Step 3: If required, select the checkbox next to the Require a secure connection (SSL) option.
- Step 4: Select the Requires authentication checkbox. To get remote assistance on how to setup Windows Live Mail, contact our technical experts.