If the server does not support relaying, the Email Rejected by Email message will appear on the screen. Relaying is nothing but, your accepted email message is delivered to a non-local email address. You can fix this issue easily. To know more about how to fix the server issue causing email rejection, read and proceed with the guided troubleshooting instructions given below.
iPhone email rejected by the server
Some of the reasons for the iPhone email rejected by server are listed below.
- Incorrect mail settings.
- Entering the wrong password.
- Mail Server Configuration errors & Firewall settings errors.
- Your iPhone software bugs.
- Step 1:You can fix this issue by entering the correct username & account password and setting correct incoming & outgoing server info while configuring.
- Step 2:Check if the SMTP option is selected under the Outgoing Mail Server option while configuring.
- Step 3:Make sure that your system’s firewall settings or email server configuration is not blocking your mail server.
- Step 4:If so, re-configure your firewall and email server settings.
- Step 5:Keep your iPhone device updated to avoid software issues.
Email recipient rejected by server
If you are facing this issue with email addresses other than AOL email, follow the guided instructions given below.
- Step 1:Delete your email account from your iPhone device.
- Step 2:Disable the Wi-Fi option on your iPhone device.
- Step 3:Re-add your email account and then try to send the mail message with & without the Wi-Fi feature enabled.
- Step 4:Open the Settings wizard on your iPhone device.
- Step 5:Tap the Passwords & Accounts option, followed by Your Email Account.
- Step 6:Select Account SMTP. Disable the Primary Server option and enable other SMTP server options.
- Step 7:Under the Outgoing Mail Server section, enter your username and password.
- Step 8:After entering the information, tap the Done button at the top-right corner of the screen.
- Step 9:Now, try to send the mail to your email address.
Bluehost iphone email rejected by server
- Step 1:To fix this issue, delete and re-add the email account on your iPhone.
- Step 2:If it doesn’t work, check the Bluehost’s SPF record. The SPF record act as administrator on behalf of a domain.
- Step 3:Avoid inserting more links in the email. If you add more links to the email message, there is a chance for the spam filters to be triggered.
- Step 4:If you are adding a signature at the end of the email message, make sure to keep it simple and short.
- Step 5:Keeping the signature large will trigger some filters. Those filters may be looking for problems with HTML code, extra tags, and HTML code copied from Microsoft Word.
- Step 6:Make sure to keep the size and quantity of the attachment within the limit set by the server.
iPhone unable to send email sender address rejected by server
Perform the troubleshooting instructions given below to fix the iPhone device unable to send the email message to the address that is rejected by the server.
- Step 1:First, delete and re-add your email account to the iPhone device.
- Step 2:If the first method does not work, restart your iPhone.
- Step 3:After restarting your iPhone, try to send an email.
- Step 4:If the issue has not been resolved, check the SMTP settings.
- Step 5:Switch on your iPhone, navigate to the Accounts & Passwords section, and sign in to email account.
- Step 6:Check if the SMTP Server option is enabled on the Account Information screen.
- Step 7:If not, enable it and then try to send the email.
Email rejected by server as it does not allow relaying
- Step 1:Check if your email account settings are correct.
- Step 2:If not, enter the correct information in the given fields and then try to send the email message.
- Step 3:Check if there is a software update available for your iPhone device.
- Step 4:If so, update your iPhone device to the latest version and then try to send the mail message.
- Step 5:Make sure that the Wi-Fi or Mobile Data on your iPhone is enabled.
- Step 6:If not, enable it and then try to send the email message from your iPhone device.
- Step 7:Check to make sure that you have entered the right password while sign in.
- Step 8:If you have entered a wrong or invalid password, there is a chance for the password errors to occur.
iPhone cannot send email rejected by server
- Step 1:Power on your iPhone device.
- Step 2:Go to the Settings menu. Tap the Accounts & Passwords or Mail option.
- Step 3:Choose your AOL mail account from the list.
- Step 4:Tap the Account option followed by the Account Info page.
- Step 5:Select the SMTP option on the Account Info page.
- Step 6:Now the email’s SMTP details will appear on the screen.
- Step 7:Check if your email account's username and password are correct.
- Step 8:Make sure that the server port is set to 587.
- Step 9:Now, check if you are able to receive the email message.
- Step 10:If not, remove and re-add your AOL mail account and check if the issue has been resolved.
Click here to know about how to setup email on iphone
Gmail email rejected by server
- Step 1:Check if the email address you wish to send a message exists.
- Step 2:If not, contact the recipient and ask for a different address.
- Step 3:Check if you have made any common mistake in the fields or body of the message, such as quotation marks, dots at the end of the address, spaces after or before an address, spelling errors, etc.,
- Step 4:Make sure not to use any spam-triggering keywords in the message.
- Step 5:If the issue persists, then contact our technical experts to fix it.
iCloud email rejected by server
- Step 1:Check if your device is online.
- Step 2:If offline, enable your system’s Wi-Fi or Mobile data.
- Step 3:After that, check if you are able to receive emails on your iCloud email account.
- Step 4:To do that, navigate to the iCloud login page, sign in, and send a test mail.
- Step 5:Check your mail logs for the error message.
- Step 6:If any error message is found, perform the required troubleshooting process.
- Step 7:To get more technical assistance, click the Call button available on this screen.
iPad email rejected by server does not allow relaying
- Step 1:Switch on your iPad device.
- Step 2:Navigate to the Settings option.
- Step 3:Tap the Mail, Contacts, Calendar option.
- Step 4:Choose your email account from the list.
- Step 5:Tap Account Outgoing Mail Server SMTP Primary Server.
- Step 6:You need to enter your username and password in the Outgoing Mail Server section, though this is optional.
- Step 7:Tap the Done option at the top-right corner of the screen. This should fix the issue.