Gmail smtp outgoing mail server settings
Follow the Guidelines for Gmail SMTP outgoing mail server settings
The Gmail SMTP server address is smtp.gmail.com, and the Gmail SMTP username is Your Gmail address (for example, email@example.com).
|Gmail SMTP password|| Your Gmail password|
|Gmail SMTP port (TLS)|| 587|
|Gmail SMTP port (SSL)|| 465|
|Gmail SMTP TLS/SSL required|| Yes|
You must also provide the settings for receiving emails (incoming mail server). IMAP or POP3 is responsible for receiving mails.
click here to know about Gmail pop3 and SMTP settings for outlook 2010 in a simpler way
Gmail smtp server settings outlook
- Step 1:Before configuring your Gmail SMTP server settings Outlook, you must enable the incoming mail server settings (POP or IMAP) on your Gmail account.
- Step 2:Now, open your Outlook account. Click the Tools button that is available on the top-left corner of the screen.
- Step 3:Select E-mail Accounts from the Tools menu.
- Step 4:Choose the Add a New e-mail Account option and click Next.
- Step 5:You can set up your account automatically by entering your account name, email address, and password.
- Step 6:Click the Server type tab and then select either POP3 or IMAP. Click Next.
- Step 7:Provide your Gmail account credentials in the User Information section. Enter the Username and Email-ID in the User Information column.
- Step 8:Specify the Gmail server ports in the Server Information section. Select the Account type as IMAP/POP3, and the corresponding Incoming mail (IMAP) server as
imap.gmail.com or pop3.gmail.com.
- Step 9:The outgoing mail(SMTP) server is smtp.gmail.com.
- Step 10:The Secure Sockets Layer(SSL) is the standard security used for Gmail.
- Step 11:The Port number will be 993 by default for IMAP and 995 for POP3.
- Step 12:Secure SMTP also requires SSL and TLS (if available).
- Step 13:The authentication port for SSL is 465, and for TLS is 587.
- Step 14:After registering the necessary details, select the Test Account Settings to check the server connection settings.
- Step 15:Click on the Next button and select Finish to complete the SMTP server settings.
Gmail smtp server settings mac mail
- Step 1:To set the Gmail SMTP server settings Mac mail, you must enable the POP access for sending and receiving your emails.
- Step 2:Launch your Mac mail client and select Preferences from the Mail menu.
- Step 3:Select the Accounts tab and select the Server settings option.
- Step 4:Set the Account type to POP and type Gmail under Account Description.
- Step 5:Enter your Gmail address and click Continue.
- Step 6:Type your SMTP server name as smtp.gmail.com in the Outgoing mail server column.
- Step 7:Type your POP server name as pop.gmail.com in the incoming mail server column.
- Step 8:The default SMTP server port number is 25. If you wish to enable the SSL, then enter the port number as 465.
- Step 9:You need to provide the username and password if you enable Authentication for your emails.
- Step 10:Now, the Gmail SMTP server settings for Mac mail is completed successfully.
Learn more about how To Setup smtp in mac
Gmail apps smtp server settings
Step-by-step Procedure for Gmail apps smtp server settings
- Step 1:The general format of the SMTP server is smtp.domain name.com.
- Step 2:The SMTP server configuration is mandatory to send messages from your device. Find the SMTP server settings below for your Android mobile phone.
- Step 3:On the home screen of the Android mobile phone, tap the Gmail application’s icon to launch its main interface. Tap the User profile icon, touch the down arrow icon, and select the Add Account option (plus icon) on the left panel.
- Step 4:When the Set Up Email screen opens, tap Personal (IMAP/POP) and touch the Next button at the bottom of the screen.
- Step 5:Set the account type by selecting either the Personal (POP3) or Personal (IMAP) option and then tap Next.
- Step 6:After providing the email address of your Gmail account in the appropriate field, tap the Manual Setup button. Type the correct password for the email address and then tap the Next button.
- Step 7:Provide the correct incoming server details in the appropriate fields. Once you tap the Next button on the Incoming Server Settings screen, the Outgoing Server Settings screen opens.
- Step 8:The SMTP server name should be smtp.gmail.com. Also, provide accurate details in the Port, Security Type, Username, and Password fields.
- Step 9:Make sure to select the checkbox next to the Require Sign-In option. Tap the Next button on the Outgoing Server Settings screen and customize the email account settings as per your requirement when you see the next screen.
- Step 10:Tap the Next button twice to complete the Gmail account server settings.
Gmail SMTP relay server settings
Gmail SMTP server and port settings
The default Gmail SMTP server and port settings are listed here.
|SMTP Server address for Gmail || smtp.gmail.com |
|Security Type || either TLS or SSL |
|Standard Port || 25 (not secured) |
|Port for TLS enabled || 587 |
|Port for SSL enabled || 465 |
Gmail smtp server settings for dvr
To set up the Gmail smtp server settings for dvr, follow the quick steps given below.
- Step 1:Make sure that your DVR device is connected to your system.
- Step 2:Locate and right-click the DVR icon.
- Step 3:Choose the Home option available at the bottom left-corner of the screen.
- Step 4:Tap Network option followed by Email.
- Step 5:Choose the Gmail option from the list.
- Step 6:Make sure to enable the Email option.
- Step 7:Select the Auto option in the Encryption section.
- Step 8:Set the SMTP port number to 00587.
- Step 9:The Gmail SMTP server address for DVR is smtp.gmail.com.
- Step 10:Enter your Gmail email address in the Username field and its security key in the Password field.
- Step 11:Set the receiver options and time interval as per your preferences.
- Step 12:After setting all the preferences, tap the Save button.
- Step 13:To check if the SMTP server settings are done correctly, click the Test Email option.
- Step 14:If you receive the email successfully, the setup is done correctly.
Gmail smtp server settings iphone
To set the Gmail smtp server settings iphone, read and proceed with the guided instructions given below.
- Step 1:Navigate to the Settings section on your iPhone device.
- Step 2:Tap Mail, Contacts, CalendarsAccount.
- Step 3:Choose your Google account. Move to the OUTGOING MAIL SERVER section and tap the SMTP option.
- Step 4:Check if the ON option is displayed beside Gmail SMTP Server.
- Step 5:If yes, tap it. Now the Gmail SMTP Server screen will open.
- Step 6:Disable the Server option by tapping the toggle icon beside it.
- Step 7:Now, go back to the SMTP page and tap the Add Server option.
- Step 8:Enter smtp.gmail.com in the Host Name field.
- Step 9:The username and password fields are optional.
- Step 10:Tap the Save button at the top-right corner of the screen.
- Step 11:Now, go back to the Account page.
- Step 12:Check if the Name, Email, Description Gmail, and SMTP details are entered correctly.
- Step 13:Tap the Advanced option on the same page.
- Step 14:Enable the Use SSL option in the INCOMING SETTINGS section.
- Step 15:Enter the Server port as 587 (TLS) and 465 (SSL).
- Step 16:Finally, touch the Save button.
click here to know about SMTP Google Mail