How to permanently delete outlook emails from server
If you want to know how to permanently delete outlook emails from server periodically, then follow the instructions given below.
- Step 1:Launch the outlook application on your system.
- Step 2:Sign in to your outlook account using the correct credentials.
- Step 3:Find the email you want to delete and select it.
- Step 4:Press the shift+del keys at the same time. When an alert prompt appears, click yes.
- Step 5:To turn off the confirmation dialog each time to attempt to delete a message, click the file tab at the left-hand side of the screen and click it.
- Step 6:Click options and then click the advanced tab in the outlook options section.
- Step 7:Go to the other section and then mark the checkbox next to the prompt for confirmation before permanently deleting items option. Now you won’t receive any alert messages before deleting an item permanently from outlook.
Refer to the following steps to enable outlook on how to delete email messages automatically from the serve after a specific period:
- Step 1:Navigate to the account settings section.
- Step 2:Select the account settings option. The account settings window will open.
- Step 3:From the list of email account addresses, select the one you wish to make changes and click the change option next to repair.
- Step 4:Now the change account pop-up dialog box will open.
- Step 5:Uncheck the box beside the automatically test account settings when next is clicked feature.
- Step 6:Then, click the more settings button followed by the advanced tab.
- Step 7:Locate the delivery section, and enable the leave a copy of messages on the server option by clicking the checkbox beside it.
- Step 8:Also, mark the checkbox next to the remove from server after option. Choose the number of days from the drop-down menu.
- Step 9:The default number of days is 14, you can change it as required.
- Step 10:After setting the preferences, click oknextfinishclose.
- Step 11:Now, the messages you receive will be deleted from the server automatically after the set period.
If you are an iPhone user here we explain how to delete all emails on iPhone in a simpler way