Office 365 IMAP and SMTP settings
Follow the guidelines for Office 365 IMAP and SMTP settings
To access your email from the Outlook 365 mail server, you have to configure your email account on Outlook by performing the quick instructions given below.
Open Outlook 2016
- Step 1:On your Windows computer, type Outlook 2016 in the search column, and select it from the search result.
- Step 2:When you see the main window of the Outlook 2016 application on the screen, search for the File tab and click it.
- Step 3:You can see the Account Information window.
- Step 1:After selecting the Info tab on the left side, click the Add Account icon on the main panel. This will open the Welcome To Outlook window.
- Step 2:Type your email address and then click the down arrow key next to Advanced Options.
- Step 3:Select the checkbox next to the Let me set up my account manually
- Step 4:Click the Connect button to proceed.
In the Choose Account Type window, click the IMAP option.
IMAP Account Settings
- Step 1:You can see the IMAP Account Settings window on the screen.
- Step 2:Refer to the Incoming and outgoing mail server settings mentioned here to configure your email account.
Incoming Mail Settings
|Incoming Server || Outlook.office365.com|
|Incoming Port || 993|
|Encryption Method for the incoming mail server || SSL/TLS|
Outgoing Mail Settings
|Outgoing Server || smtp.office365.com
|Outgoing Port || 587
|Encryption Method for the outgoing mail server || STARTTLS
After filling all the fields with the correct server settings, click Connect.
Internet Email Settings
- Step 1:Now, Outlook 2016 tries to connect to the mail server, and the Internet Email window displays on the screen.
- Step 2:Fill the Server field with the incoming mail server settings information.
- Step 3:Also, provide the email address and password in the User Name and Password fields, respectively.
- Step 4:Select the checkbox next to the Save this password in your password list option and click the OK button.
- Step 5:When the next window appears on the screen, re-enter the outgoing server name in the Server field.
- Step 6:Also, re-type the email address and password of your email account in the given fields.
- Step 7:After selecting the Save this password in your password list option, click OK
Account Setup Complete
- Step 1:The Account Setup is Complete message will be displayed on the screen if you have entered the mail server settings correctly in the appropriate fields.
- Step 2:If needed, select the checkbox beside the Set up Outlook Mobile on my phone, too option.
- Step 3:Click the OK button to complete the email account setup.
Click here to know about WP Mail SMTP