How to verify Zoho mail - When you add a domain in Zoho Mail, you have to verify it. There are several methods to verify domains in Zoho Mail, and some of them are listed here:
Using One-click Verification Method
This is an automatic verification method used to verify the 1 & 1 domain and configure the domain’s MX Records.
- Step 1: Once you log in to your Zoho Mail, go to the Domain Verification page and select the One-click Verification option from the drop-down menu.
- Step 2: Click the Proceed button and enter your password to your domain provider.
- Step 3: Next, click the Sign In button and select Allow when you are asked to grant the Zoho Mail access.
- Step 4: Once you have granted access, the domain will be verified in Zoho Mail.
- Step 5: You have now seen how to verify the Zoho Mail domain automatically using the One-click Verification method.
Using The CNAME Method
- Step 1: This is a manual verification method that involves two steps. First, you have to generate a unique CNAME code in Zoho Mail and then add a code in your DNS manager.
- Step 2: Log in to your Zoho Mail account and click the Control Panel.
- Step 3: Select Domains and click the validate icon next to the domain added in Zoho Mail.
- Step 4: Doing so will launch the setup wizard with Domain Verification details.
- Step 5: Click the CNAME Method tab to generate a unique code for your domain.
- Step 6: Copy the generated code and select your domain provider from the pull-down menu.
- Step 7: To add the code to your DNS manager, go to the Domain Management page and head to the Advanced DNS editor or DNS Control Panel.
- Step 8: Locate the option to add CNAME records and enter the copied code in the required field.
- Step 9: Next, add ‘zmverify.zoho.in’ in the Value/Points To/Destination field.
- Step 10: If you can reduce the TTL to 300 seconds.
- Step 11: Finally, click Save or Add Record to save the CNAME Records.
- Step 12: You have now seen how to verify Zoho Mail domain manually using the CNAME method.