iCloud Backup is an excellent backup feature available on iOS devices. It automatically backs up your data when enabled.
Sometimes, you may face issues with the iCloud Backup feature? The reasons could be insufficient storage or poor network.
Proceed with the troubleshooting steps given on our site to fix the iCloud backup not working issue easily.
Solution 1: Check iCloud Settings
- Step 1: On your iPhone, tap the Settings icon and then tap on your name to open the Apple ID settings.
- Step 2: Select the iCloud option from the displayed menu and tap on iCloud Backup.
- Step 3: Toggle on the iCloud Backup button if it is disabled.
- Step 4: Make sure that you have a standard Internet connection on your iPhone.
- Step 5: If prompted, tap the OK button.
Solution 2: Check iCloud Storage
- Step 1: Launch the Settings app and tap on your name.
- Step 2: In the Apple ID settings window, tap on iCloud and select the Manage Storage option.
- Step 3: You will be allotted 5GB storage space for iCloud storage.
- Step 4: If you the storage limit has exceeded, clear some space on your iPhone. This will help you to resolve iCloud backup not working issue.
- Step 5: You can also delete some unwanted backups that you have created using the iCloud Backup.
- Step 6: To do so, navigate to the iCloud Storage page and select the app for which you wish to delete the backed-up data.
- Step 7: Tap the Delete Data button to delete the backup data.
- Step 8: If prompted, confirm your action by selecting Delete again.
Solution 3: Sign Out From iCloud & Sign In Again
- Step 1: On your iPhone, navigate to Settings.
- Step 2: Tap on your profile at the top of the page to open your Apple ID settings.
- Step 3: Scroll down the page and tap on Sign Out.
- Step 4: A dialog box will appear prompting you to enter the password.
- Step 5: Enter your Apple ID and password in the required field and tap the Turn Off button.
- Step 6: This will deactivate Find My iPhone.
- Step 7: Select the Sign Out option and tap on Sign Out again if prompted.
- Step 8: After a few minutes, tap the Sign in to your iPhone button and enter the Apple ID and its password in the required fields.
- Step 9: If the iCloud backup not working problem remains unsolved, check the iCloud status and restart your iPhone.