While you switch from iPhone to an Android mobile phone, you can still use your iCloud email account by adding it to your Android phone. The steps to add your iCloud email on Android mobile phone are provided here.
- Step 1: First, you have to create an app-specific password for the icloud email account.
- Step 2: To do that, open the default web browser on your computer.
- Step 3: Log in to your iCloud email account using the Apple ID and password.
- Step 4: Navigate to the Security section and click the Generate Password link.
- Step 5: Enter a name and click the Create button.
- Step 6: Once your password is generated, note it down.
- Step 7: Use this password while you add iCloud email on Android mobile phone.
- Step 1: On the Android mobile phone, swipe down the notification shade and tap the Settings icon.
- Step 2: Select the Accounts option followed by the Add Account option.
- Step 3: Tap the Personal (IMAP) option, type the iCloud account’s email address, and tap the Next option.
- Step 4: On the next screen, type the noted app-specific password in the Password field and tap the Next option.
- Step 5: This will add your email account to the Android mobile phone.
- Step 6: Now, you can access the iCloud email account in the Gmail application.
- Step 7: Check if you can send and receive the email messages.
- Step 8: You can also use other applications like Microsoft Outlook instead of the Gmail app to set up the iCloud email account on the Android mobile phone.
- Step 9: Download, install, and open the Microsoft Outlook app on the Android mobile phone.
- Step 10: Navigate to Menu on the top-left corner of the app and tap the Add Account icon.
- Step 11: Provide the email address followed by the app-specific password.
- Step 12: Once you tap the tick icon at the upper-right end of the screen, the iCloud email account gets added to the Microsoft Outlook app. If you need a remote assistance to add iCloud email on Android, click the call button.