The Outlook app on your Android phone acts as an email client, managing multiple email accounts. If your Outlook app error loading, follow these steps to fix it.
Solution 1: Clear The App Cache
- Step 1: On your Android phone, tap the Settings icon on the applications screen to open the Settings app.
- Step 2: Select Applications or Apps in the Settings window and tap the Manage Applications button.
- Step 3: Locate the Outlook app and tap on it.
- Step 4: Select the Clear Cache option to delete the app cache.
- Step 5: Close the Settings app and relaunch the Outlook app to check if the problem has been resolved.
- Step 6: If the problem persists, move on to the next solution.
Solution 2: Update The Outlook App
- Step 1: First, make sure you have a standard Internet connection on your Android phone.
- Step 2: Tap the Play Store icon on the applications screen to open the Google Play Store app.
- Step 3: Type ‘Outlook’ in the search panel and tap the Search icon.
- Step 4: Choose your Outlook app and tap the Update button.
- Step 5: Wait until the update is completed.
- Step 6: Once completed, tap the Open button to launch the app and check if the error loading your app reoccurs.
Solution 3: Reinstall The Outlook App
- Step 1: Launch the Settings app and tap the Apps button.
- Step 2: Locate the Outlook app and select it.
- Step 3: Once selected, tap theDelete button to remove the app from your Android phone.
- Step 4: Alternatively, press and hold the Outlook app on the applications screen and drag to the Uninstall section available at the top.
- Step 5: Once you have removed the Outlook app from your Android phone, visit the Google Play Store and download the latest one.
- Step 6: Now, install the app and sync your email account.
- Step 7: If necessary, restart your phone and check if the problem has been resolved.
If still your Outlook app error loading, contact our technical support team for remote assistance.