The Outlook send receive error occurs whenever the program could not sync the emails, or the program does not respond to the actions. Read further to know the reasons causing the error and different methods to solve it.
Causes of the error:
- Step 1: Incorrect email server settings can cause the Send/Receive error.
- Step 2: If the server timeout is less, then there are chances for the error to occur.
- Step 3: The error can occur when the system security prevents sending and receiving.
Solutions to fix the error:
1. Check the email settings
- Step 1: Launch the Outlook application and click the File tab.
- Step 2: Following that, select the Account Settings menu on the right panel and again click Account Settings.
- Step 3: In the window that opens, select the email account in which the Outlook send receive error occurs and click Change.
- Step 4: Select the More Settings button and click the Outgoing Server tab.
- Step 5: Check if the outgoing server (SMTP) authentication settings are correct and move to the Advanced panel.
- Step 6: Now, verify the server port numbers and the encryption type of the incoming and outgoing mail servers.
- Step 7: Increase the Server Timeouts by sliding the blue tab and click OK to save.
2. Turn off the Firewall Settings
- Step 1: Open the Settings or Control Panel window and go to the network connection menu.
- Step 2: After that, right-click on the network name and choose the Properties option.
- Step 3: In the Properties window, choose the Security tab and disable the Firewall setting.
- Step 4: Restart the device and retry to access the Outlook emails.
3. Scan for malicious data
- Step 1: Any virus or malware present in the system can lead to such an outlook send receive error. So use a reliable third-party security tool to scan for the malicious files and programs.
- Step 2: If the security tool detects the virus, remove them using the removal tool, or delete them manually.
4. Start in Safe mode
- Step 1: Press the Win and the R keys together to open the Run dialog box on the screen.
- Step 2: After that, enter “outlook.exe /safe” in the text field and click OK.
- Step 3: Select an appropriate profile option to launch Outlook. Now your Outlook send receive error is resolved.