Rediffmail is a web-based email service and can be set up on any third-party email applications as well. It is available on Java, Android, and Symbian mobile devices as “Rediffmail NG.” You can easily sync the emails to your PC and mobile for easy access. It supports the IMAP, POP3, and SMTP mail protocols for unlimited mail storage. Windows Outlook is a popular email client application to access email accounts. Continue reading to learn how to setup Rediffmail on Outlook.
- Step 1:Launch the Outlook 2010 app on your computer and click the File menu.
- Step 2:Choose Info, click the Account Settings menu, and select Account Settings.
- Step 3:In the Email panel, click New to add a new email account.
- Step 4:In the Add New Account window, enter your user name, Rediffmail email address, and password.
- Step 5:Click the radio button of ‘Manually configure server settings or additional server types’ and click Next.
- Step 6:On the following screen, choose Internet E-mail and select Next.
- Step 7:Under User Information, enter the name and email address.
- Step 8:In the Server Information division, choose IMAP as the Account type and input the below information.
- Incoming mail server: imap.rediffmail.com
- Outgoing mail server: smtp.rediffmail.com
- Step 1:Below Logon Information, type your name and password and click the More Settings button.
- Step 2:Go to the Outgoing Server tab, select the checkbox of ‘My Outgoing server requires authentication’ and set the authentication credentials. These credentials are your email address and password.
- Step 3:Click the Advanced tab, enter the port number and security type for the incoming and outgoing mail servers.
- IMAP Port number: 993
- Security: SSL
- SMTP Port number: 587
- Security: SSL
- Step 4:Now, go to the Sent Items panel and select ‘Save sent items to following folder on the server.’
- Step 5:Choose the Sent folder from the options and then click OK.
- Step 6:Click the Test Account Settings button to test the email account.
- Step 7:Once the account is tested, click the Close button followed by Next.
- Step 8:If you see a confirmation message on the screen, click Finish. If you need remote assistance to setup Rediffmail on Outlook, click the call button.