IMAP stands for Internet Message Access Protocol. It is responsible for downloading the emails and allows you to view the received message from several email clients. Using the IMAP settings, you can use multiple computers or devices to access your email account.
Read Below to Setup Smtp and Imap Settings for Gmail
Server Settings for Gmail:
- Step 1: The incoming mail server name is imap.gmail.com, and the port number for a secure connection is 993.
- Step 2: The outgoing mail server name is smtp.gmail.com, and the port number for a secure connection is 587 for TLS/STARTTLS and 465 for SSL.
Click here to learn more about Gmail Smtp Server Settings Outlook
Carry out these steps to configure your Gmail account on Outlook 2010:
- Step 1: Before configuring your Gmail account on the email client, you must enable the Forwarding and POP/IMAP option on your Gmail account.
- Step 2: Open your browser and navigate to the Gmail sign-in page.
- Step 3: Enter your email address and password to login to your Gmail account.
- Step 4: Click on the Settings button on the top-right corner of the screen and select the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab.
- Step 5: Under the IMAP access filed, select the Enable IMAP radio button and click Save Changes to apply the changes.
- Step 6: Launch the Outlook application and click on the Tools tab that is available on the top-left corner of the screen.
- Step 7: Select the 'Email Accounts' option from the drop-down list.
- Step 8: Click on the 'Add a new email account' radio button and click Next.
- Step 9: Select the IMAP option as a server type and click Next.
- Step 10: Enter your desired name and the Gmail address in the User Information section.
- Step 11: In the Server Information section, type imap.gmail.com in the incoming mail server field and smtp.gmail.com in the outgoing mail server.
- Step 12: In the Login Information section, enter your full email address and password.
- Step 13: Select the Remember password checkbox if necessary.
- Step 14: Click on the More Settings button and select the Advanced tab.
- Step 15: Enter 993 as the port number for Incoming server (IMAP) and select the This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL) checkbox.
- Step 16: Enter 465 as the port number for the Outgoing server(SMTP) and mark the checkbox under the field.
- Step 17: Click on the Next button and close the Server Settings window.
- Step 18: Access the Test Account Settings button to verify the server settings for your Gmail account setup. Congratulation you are manually Setup your SMTP and IMAP Settings for Gmail sucessfully
- Step 19: Now, you can access your Gmail account quickly using Outlook 2010.For more solutions, click the Call button available on this screen.