How To Fix SMTP Error 451?
Simple Mail Transfer Protocol is an email transmission protocol through which a sender communicates with a receiver. The SMTP error 451 is a temporary local issue that occurs when you try to send an email. It is caused when the SMTP server of the sender or recipient email account is down. This error could also occur if the DNS has failed, or the sending message limit has been exceeded. The below solutions will help you fix the error.
Solution-1: Increase The Messaging Limit
- Step 1:When a user sends an email, the email server communicates with the receiver's email server and delivers it.
- Step 2:Most email servers have a sending mail limit allowed for an email account.
- Step 3:If the sender exceeds the maximum limit, the error 451 occurs on the computer.
- Step 4:You have to increase the mail server connections to avoid this SMTP error.
- Step 5:Changing the number of emails per user can help to increase the emails sent to a user.
- Step 6:Read the send rate policy of your email service.
Solution-2: Check The Mail Server Logs
- Step 1:If there is an internal DNS problem in the sender server, the sender cannot communicate to the receiver's mail server.
- Step 2:The primary reason for error 451 is the improper configuration of the MX domain records.
- Step 3:In the server logs, find for the error message similar to the one given below.
- Step 4:sender verify defer for < firstname.lastname@example.org >: lowest numbered MX record points to the local host
- Step 5:Verify the MX record for the domain and make sure the primary mail server priority is set to '0'.
Solution-3: Issues With Antivirus Program
- Step 1:Sometimes, the antivirus program installed on the computer might be the cause for the mail server connection issue.
- Step 2:The error log messages appear saying that the program does not work or cannot connect.
- Step 3:In such a case, restart the Antivirus program or upgrade it to fix the error.
- Step 4:Check the configuration file parameters and correct it if required. Now your SMTP error 451 is resolved.