Suddenlink.net is one of the famous email service providers. You can access your Suddenlink email account from desktop email clients or mobile phones once the email settings are configured. If you have added the email server settings on your iPhone and Suddenlink email not working on iPhone, then follow the troubleshooting steps given below.
Solution 1: Check The Network Connection
Most of the time, you may not get emails on your iPhone if the Internet connection is poor. To check if the Internet connection is stable on your iPhone, follow these steps.
- Step 1: Open Setting by touching its icon on the home screen.
- Step 2: Tap the Cellular button and then move the slider to off. Again turn the slider on to restart the Cellular Data.
- Step 3: In case you have connected your iPhone to your local Wi-Fi, go to Settings and tap the Wi-Fi button. Turn it on and check if the Internet connection is stable.
- Step 4: If the problem is with the network connection, tap the General button on the Settings page.
- Step 5: Select Reset –> Reset Network Settings.
- Step 6: Confirm your action if prompted.
- Step 7: Once the network settings are reset to factory defaults, open the Mail app and try sending a test email from your Suddenlink email account.
- Step 8: If your Suddenlink email is still not working, try the next solution.
Solution 2: Re-Add Your Email Account
- Step 1: To begin with, open the Settings app and tap the Mail, Contacts, and Calendars button.
- Step 2: Choose your Suddenlink email account from the displayed list and tap the Delete Account button.
- Step 3: If prompted, confirm your action on removing your account from your iPhone.
- Step 4: Next, restart your iPhone and open the Settings app.
- Step 5: Tap the Mail, Contacts, and Calendars button and select the Add Account option.
- Step 6: Tap the Other button from the list of email service providers.
- Step 7: Choose the Add mail account option and enter your Suddenlink email account details in the required fields.
- Step 8: Tap Next and choose either POP or IMAP as your account type.
- Step 9: Under Incoming Mail Server, enter ‘pop.suddenlink.net’ in the Host Name field.
- Step 10: In case you have selected IMAP as your account type, enter ‘imap.suddenlink.net’ in the Host Name field.
- Step 11: Input your Suddenlink email address in the User Name field.
- Step 12: Type the correct password of your Suddenlink account in the Password field.
- Step 13: Under Outgoing Mail Server, enter ‘smtp.suddenlink.net’ in the Host Name field.
- Step 14: Enter your Suddenlink email address and password in the User Name and Password field.
- Step 15: Tap Next and select the items you wish to sync with your Suddenlink email account.
- Step 16: Return to the Settings page and tap the Mail, Contacts, and Calendars button.
- Step 17: Select your Suddenlink email account and then go to the Advanced tab.
- Step 18: Select NONE for SSL.
- Step 19: Input your password for authentication.
- Step 20: Enter the server port number 110 (POP) or 143 (IMAP) in the required field.
- Step 21: Type the server port number 25 for SMTP to complete the account setup.
- Step 22: Close the Settings app and open the Mail app to check if the problems with your Suddenlink email account have been resolved.
If still your Suddenlink email not working on iPhone, contact us for more assistance.