The folders in the IMAP Outlook account that regularly sync with the email server are known as Subscribed folders. When the synchronization of the emails stops or pauses, then the error message occurs on the screen. To fix the synchronizing subscribed folders error, consider the below solutions.
Cause of the error:
- Step 1: The error occurs when the mail server doesn’t recognize the IMAP mail settings of the email account.
- Step 2: The slow internet connection can lead to the subscribed folders synchronizing error.
- Step 3: The folder may not be subscribed to the Outlook account.
Solutions of the error:
Subscribe the folder
- Step 1: Launch the Outlook application, right-click the folder name, and then click the IMAP Folders option.
- Step 2: Select the Subscribed tab. Next, click the Query button to display all the subscribed folders.
- Step 3: Select all the folders in the list and then select Unsubscribe.
- Step 4: If the application prompts that you cannot unsubscribe all the folders at once, choose OK.
- Step 5: Next, go to the All tab, select each folder you want to synchronize to the IMAP server, and select Subscribe.
- Step 6: Disable the When displaying hierarchy in Outlook, show only subscribed folders menu and click OK to fix synchronizing subscribed folders error.
Increase the Send/Receive time
- Step 1: Once the Outlook application is open, select the File menu and then choose Options.
- Step 2: In the Options window, click the Advanced button and select Send/Receive.
- Step 3: Following that, go to the Setting for group All Accounts division, tick the checkbox of Include this group in send/receive, and the checkbox of Schedule an automatic send/receive every ‘some’ minutes.
- Step 4: You have to select the minutes from the drop-down options, see that you choose the maximum time range.
Remove stalled emails
- Step 1: Open the Outbox folder and delete the emails that are stuck in it.
- Step 2: And verify whether the synchronizing subscribed folders error is withdrawn.