An email attachment is an additional document with the email message. The attachment can be an image, a file, or an email itself, and it can be more than one document. Sometimes, when you receive an email and you are unable to open an email attachment. Refer to the section below to know different ways to overcome the problem.
Causes of The Problem:
- Step 1: If the attachment document is an unknown file format, it can cause the problem.
- Step 2: Whenever you try to open the email attachment from the web browser window, if the document does not open, then the browser cannot support the document.
- Step 3: A malicious or corrupt attachment could be the reason for the problem.
- Step 4: When a compressed document is attached to the email, then the attachment may not open.
- Step 5: A different system of the sender and the recipient can create such a problem.
Solutions For The Problem:
Install the correct program to resolve unable to open an email attachment issue.
- Step 1: If the file format of the email attachment is not supported on your OS, go on to download the required app or software to open the file.
- Step 2: Browse about the file type and find a reliable program or app to open the attachment.
Open from a different browser
- Step 1: After you try to open your browser, try accessing the email account from another web browser.
- Step 2: Open the email attachment and save it on the device.
Verify the corrupted attachment
- Step 1: When you try to open the email on a browser but you are not able to, then download the attachment on the device.
- Step 2: Right-click on the attachment and select the Properties option.
- Step 3: Check if the file format is of corrupted type and then open it using only the suggested app on your device.
Decompress the package
- Step 1: When the number of files is large, the sender may compress the document size and attach it to the email.
- Step 2: Download the compressed attachment on the device and unzip it. You can then access the files present in it.
- Step 3: There are many applications available to unzip the document. Otherwise, you can extract the files directly on the desktop.
Let know the OS
- Step 1: In case the sender has a device with a different OS, then the email attachment may not open on your device.
- Step 2: It is better to inform the sender about the problem and ask to resend the email attachment in a different format that is supported on your system. If still you are unable to open an email attachment, click the call button to get remote assistance from our technical experts