iTunes, the popular Apple media library, syncs your music list on your computers and mobile devices. You can access it on an iOS, macOS, and Windows systems. It is a software that is syncing the digital media on your devices, so you have to update iTunes regularly for trouble-free performance. There are ways to update it on different devices. Continue reading to know how it is done.
On Mac Devices:
- Step 1: You can update the iTunes on your Mac devices. Open the iTunes app.
- Step 2: If you cannot find the app, then search using the Finder app.
- Step 3: Right-click the iTunes menu on the left panel and choose Check for Updates.
- Step 4: Now, iTunes connects to the Apple server to find updates.
- Step 5: Or, you can close the iTunes app and then open the App Store on Mac.
- Step 6: Click the Updates icon at the top of the window, and the system starts searching for updates.
- Step 7: When the system finds the updates, click the Update button to download and install the update. It's one of the methods to update iTunes.
On Windows Devices:
- Step 1: Download the iTunes app on your Windows computer.
- Step 2: Launch the iTunes app on the desktop and click the Device icon at the top right corner of the window.
- Step 3: Following that, choose Summary, then select Check for Updates, and click Update when the updates are found.
Update Your iTunes Automatically:
- Step 1: If you have the iTunes app on your device, you can change the settings such that the iTunes updates automatically when an update is available.
- Step 2: Open the app, click the Edit menu, and select Preferences.
- Step 3: Next, select the Advanced tab and tick the checkbox of “Check for new software updates automatically.”
- Step 4: The iTunes starts searching for the update and automatically updates every week.
Check For Updates:
- Step 1: If you had installed iTunes from the iTunes download page, open the iTunes app, click the Help menu, and select Check for Updates.
- Step 2: If you had installed iTunes from Microsoft Store, open the Microsoft Store on your desktop, go to the Downloads and Updates section, and find updates. Now you are successfully update iTunes.