You can set up a webmail account in any email client application like Outlook. To do so, you need to know the incoming and outgoing mail server details. The step-by-step instructions to find webmail server settings of a cPanel webmail account as well as to configure it in Outlook are given on this page.
Webmail server settings:
- Step 1:Open cPanel, navigate to the Email section, and click the Email Accounts link.
- Step 2:Scroll down and click Setup Mail Client link next to your webmail account.
- Step 3:Navigate to the Mail Client Manual Settings section.
- Step 4:You will see the username, password, incoming server name and port, and outgoing server name and port for both Secure SSL/TLS and Non-SSL encryption types.
Configuring the Webmail account in the Microsoft Outlook email client:
- Step 1:On your computer, find the Microsoft Outlook application and double-click its icon.
- Step 2:This will launch the main interface of the Outlook email client.
- Step 3:Click the File tab at the upper-left corner of the screen.
- Step 4:Click the Info tab and select the Add Account option in the main panel.
- Step 5:To configure the webmail account manually in Outlook, select the radio button next to the ‘Manually configure server settings or additional server types’ option and click Next.
- Step 1:Enter your name and the webmail account’s email address in the Your Name and Email Address fields, respectively.
- Step 1:Account Type: Choose either POP3 or IMAP.
- Step 2:Fill the Incoming mail server and Outgoing mail server (SMTP) fields with the information that you have found in cPanel.
- Step 1:Type your email address and the webmail account password in the User Name and Password fields.
- Step 2:To save the webmail account password in Outlook, select the Remember Password option.
- Step 3:Click the More Settings option in the Internet Email Settings window. Click the Outgoing Server tab.
- Step 4:Select ‘My Outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication’ and ‘Use same settings as my incoming mail server.’ Then, click the Advanced tab.
- Step 5:Provide the correct port number in the Incoming server and Outgoing server (SMTP) fields.
- Step 6:Choose your preferred option from the ‘Use the following type of encrypted connection’ drop-down menu for both the incoming and outgoing mail server sections.
- Step 7:Click OK followed by Next. This will add the webmail account to the Microsoft Outlook email client. Check whether the webmail server settings are done.