The Windows Live Mail error ID 0X800ccc90 mostly occurs if your mail server details are not configured properly. This error also occurs if the mail client files are corrupted. The steps to troubleshoot the Windows live mail 0x800CCC90 error are given on this web page.
Deleting Multiple Accounts
- Step 1:Open the Windows Live Mail application.
- Step 2:Select the email account that you need to delete and open it.
- Step 3:Right-click the header and choose the Remove Account option.
- Step 4:If a pop-up dialog box appears, select the Yes option to confirm.
- Step 5:Do the same to delete multiple email accounts from the Windows Live Mail client.
- Step 6:Close the Windows Live Mail application and relaunch it.
- Step 7:Add and access the email account.
- Step 8:Check if the 0X800ccc90 error code has been resolved.
Internet Options Settings
- Step 1: Press and hold the Win and R keys at the same on the keyboard to open the Run dialog box.
- Step 2: Type ‘control’ without the single quotes and click the OK option. This will open the Control Panel window.
- Step 3: Select the Network and Internet option followed by the Internet Options option.
- Step 4: Click the Security tab, navigate to the ‘Select a zone to view or change security settings’ section, and select the Trusted Sites option.
- Step 5: Click the Sites button and type your URL.
- Step 6: Deselect the ‘Require server verification (https:) for all the sites in this zone’ option and click the OK option.
- Step 7: Return to the Windows Live Mail application and check if the Windows Live Mail Error id 0X800ccc90 has been resolved.
Repairing The Windows Live Mail Client
- Step 1: Open the Control Panel screen, navigate to Programs, and select the Programs and Features option.
- Step 2: Select the Windows Live Mail application, click the Change/Uninstall button, and choose the ‘Repair all Windows Live Program’ option.
- Step 3: Windows will now start to scan the files of the Windows Live Mail application and will repair them automatically if required.
- Step 4: Exit the Control Panel screen and launch the Windows Live Mail client.
- Step 1: Access the account settings in the Windows Live Mail application by clicking Accounts > Properties.
- Step 2: Check if all the incoming and the outgoing mail server details are correct.
- Step 3: If not, change them and check if the error code has been resolved.
- Step 4: If you need technical assistance in resolving the Windows live mail error id 0X800ccc90, click the Call button to contact our support members.