The Windows Live Mail error id 0X800CCC92 is a hexadecimal form of an error that is most common when it comes to Windows Live Mail and Microsoft Outlook. The Error code usually denotes that either the email application cannot connect to the host or the host address is just not reachable, or an alternative is the email address has rejected the login to the account. The one major issue regarding the error is connectivity. The outcome of the error can be far more dangerous and may also result in the loss of data. The error can also make the Outlook file more than just not accessible after reaching a breaking point. Some of the common signs of the Windows Live Mail Error 0x800CCC92 are:
- 1. Blocking of Microsoft Outlook
- 2. The slow process of Microsoft Outlook.
We will now be looking at some troubleshooting methods to get rid of the Error code and prevent several outcomes.
METHOD 1: CHECK INTERNET CONNECTION
- Step 1: Turn on your Windows computer.
- Step 2: Click the Windows (Start) icon at the bottom-left corner of the desktop screen.
- Step 3: Type 'Control Panel' in the search bar and press the Enter button.
- Step 4: Perform a double-click on the search option, and the Control Panel window will open.
- Step 5: Click the Network and Internet option and then select Internet Options.
- Step 6: Click the Advanced tab.
- Step 7: Make sure to enable the options TLS 1.0, TLS 1.1, and TLS 1.2 and click to disable the other two options SSL 2.0 and SSL 3.0.
- Step 8: Click the OK button.
- Step 9: Now, open Windows Live Mail and see if you are relieved from the Windows Live Mail error id 0X800CCC92. If not, proceed with the other methods.
METHOD 2: SEE IF MAIL SERVER IS WORKING PROPERLY
- Step 1: Now, to work on this method, you have to try to log in to your Windows Live Mail account.
- Step 2: Open your default browser, and try accessing your Windows Live Mail account.
- Step 3: Now, if you are able to login to the account, then there is no problem with the account but issues with the system files.
METHOD 3: PASSWORD RESET
- Step 1: There are times you will encounter the Windows Live Mail error id 0X800CCC92 when you have entered the incorrect credentials. The best option is to change the password and sees if it works.
- Step 2: Open the default browser.
- Step 3: Open Windows Live Mail.
- Step 4: Enter the Windows Live Mail credentials in the required fields and then click Forgot Password.
- Step 5: Now, the window page will be redirected to the password reset page.
- Step 6: Follow the instructions and click the Next button.
- Step 7: Now, enter the email address in the field and enter the Captcha letters as shown on the screen.
- Step 8: You will then receive the security code on either the alternative email address or the registered phone number to the account.
- Step 9: Enter the security code received.
- Step 10: Click the Next button.
- Step 11: Enter the new password on the login page, and you will have the Windows Live Mail error id 0X800CCC92 resolved.
METHOD 4: SYSTEM FILE CHECK
- Step 1: Click the Windows (Start) icon, type Command prompt in the search bar.
- Step 2: Perform a right-click on the Command Prompt and select the Run as Administrator option.
- Step 3: Type the command chkdsk/r in the Command Prompt window and press the Enter button.
- Step 4: The command will scan the system and fix the errors along the way.
- Step 5: Now, open Windows Live Mail, and you will no longer see the Error code.
METHOD 5: REPAIR WINDOWS ESSENTIALS
- Step 1: Open the Run command (Windows key + R).
- Step 2: Type Control in the Run command and press the Enter button.
- Step 3: Select the Programs and Features option in the Control Panel window.
- Step 4: Scroll down the menu and select the option Windows Essentials 2012.
- Step 5: Perform a right-click on the option and click the Uninstall/Change button.
- Step 6: You will now see two options, select Repair all Windows Essentials programs.
- Step 7: The repair will take place, click the OK button once complete.
- Step 8: Now, log in to the Windows Live Mail account and check if the Windows Live Mail error id 0X800CCC92 appears.
METHOD 6: CHECK EMAIL SERVER SETTINGS
- Step 1: Click the Windows (Start) icon at the bottom left corner of the desktop screen.
- Step 2: In the search bar, type 'Control Panel' and press the Enter button.
- Step 3: The Control Panel window will open. Click the Mail option.
- Step 4: In the Mail window, click the Add button.
- Step 5: Enter the email address in the field and click the OK button.
- Step 6: Next is to click the checkbox for the option Manually Configure Server Settings or Additional server type option.
- Step 7: You will see the Internet Mail option checked and click the Next button.
- Step 8: Finish the configuration and close the window. Now your Windows Live Mail error id 0X800CCC92 is resolved.