The Windows Live Mail Error Id 0x800c013e is usually accompanied by the following error message:Windows Live Mail has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
It is also called as Runtime Error 0x800c013e. It is called so because this error occurs when Windows Live Mail crashes or fails while running. We don’t have to understand it as the code is corrupted, but we can take it as the code simply refused to function during runtime.
Symptoms of Error:
In most cases, there is no warning before the occurrence of a runtime error. However, you might witness the following symptoms. Please remember that these symptoms vary according to the situation:
- Step 1: Instances of files getting deleted
- Step 2: Instances of new files appearing on your computer
- Step 3: A sudden drop in your internet connection speed
- Step 4: Popping-up of the Windows live mail error Id 0x800c013e message (mentioned above) repeatedly
- Step 5: The appearance of any other dialog box again and again (if you don’t resolve the issue on time)
Causes of The Error:
There might be several reasons for the occurrence of the error. A few of them are listed below:
Incompatible programs that are running simultaneously.
- Step 1: A memory problem.
- Step 2: A bad graphics driver.
- Step 3: Any virus infection.
Troubleshooting methods to resolve Error
Method 1-Try closing all the conflicting programs:
- Step 1: On your computer, press the Ctrl+Alt+Del keys (simultaneously). This action will open the Task Manager window.
- Step 2: You will find a list of programs that are currently running.
- Step 3: Now, click the Processes tab. Highlight each of the programs and click the End Process button.
- Step 4: Every time you end a program, check if the issue occurs.
- Step 5: You can now find out which program is the reason behind the entire Windows live mail error Id 0x800c013e issue.
Method 2-Try updating/re-installing the conflicting programs:
- Step 1: You can update/re-install the conflicting programs using the Control Panel. To do the same, follow the instructions given below:
- Step 2: If you are using Windows 7, click the Start button. Select Control Panel. Choose the Uninstall a program option.
- Step 3: In case you are using Windows 8, click the Start button. Scroll down the screen and choose the More Settings option. Now, select Control Panel and choose the Uninstall a program option.
- Step 4: If your OS is Windows 10, go to the Search box and type in Control Panel. Click the result and then select the Uninstall a program option.
- Step 5: When you are in the Programs and Features window, select the program that is causing the problem. Then, select the Update or Uninstall option.
- Step 6: If you have chosen the Update option, you simply have to continue with the on-screen prompts to finish the process.
- Step 7: In case you have chosen the Uninstall option, you need to follow the on-screen prompts to uninstall the program altogether. Then, you can re-download and re-install the program. Or else, you can utilize the program’s installation disk and start re-installing the same program.
Method 3-Try updating the Virus protection program:
- Step 1: If virus infection is a reason behind the run time error, you need to immediately find out, quarantine, and delete it.
- Step 2: Update your Antivirus and then run a complete scan of your computer.
- Step 3: Try running Windows Update. Get the latest version of the Antivirus and install the same on your computer.
- Step 4: The above three methods should help you fix the Windows Live Mail Error 0x800c013e.
- Step 5: We have now finished discussing the symptoms, causes, and the methods to resolve the Windows Live Mail Error Id 0x800c013e.