Yahoo Mail is a well-known email service widely used by professionals. If your Yahoo Mail has stopped working, there might be a problem with your email account or web browser. To fix the issues with Yahoo Mail, go through the troubleshooting steps given below.
Case 1: Problems with the Yahoo web-mail service
- Step 1: First, log out from your Yahoo Mail account and wait for a few seconds.
- Step 2: Retry logging into your Yahoo Mail account.
- Step 3: If you are stuck while logging in to your email account, check for any outage (Yahoo mail down) in your area. If so, try logging in to your account after some time.
- Step 4: Otherwise, troubleshoot your browser.
- Step 5: If you are using Google Chrome, click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon (three vertical dots) available at the top-right corner of the page and select More tools from the drop-down list.
- Step 6: Click the Clear browsing data submenu and choose the required time range and select all the checkboxes.
- Step 7: Finally, click the Clear data button to clear your browser cache. This might look simple but effective.
Case 2: Problem with the Yahoo Mail app
- Step 1: In case your Yahoo Mail app has stopped working, close it and open the Settings app on your smartphone (Android).
- Step 2: Tap Apps and select the Yahoo Mail app from the displayed list.
- Step 3: Select Force stop available at the bottom-right corner and confirm your action by tapping OK.
- Step 4: Tap Clear Cache for your Yahoo Mail app and select OK to remove the cache memory of the Yahoo Mail on the smartphone.
- Step 5: If necessary, check for Yahoo Mail updates and install them if available.
- Step 6: Finally, restart your smartphone and launch the Yahoo Mail app to check if the problem has been resolved.
- Step 7: Again if your Yahoo Mail stops working, click the Call button on this page and contact our technical experts to assist you in resolving it.